216 Market Street
Alexander Moore built this
Federal townhouse in 1836 to replace a frame house put up for John Anderson 24 years earlier. Mr. Moore ran a stationery store on Main Street and sold the first school books to the city of Lexington. The brick pattern of the house is Flemish bond. The fan doorway and stoop are later additions.