258 and 262 Market Street
Tibbatts Soap & Candle Factory occupied the corner of Third & Market before John Anderson, a grocer and house joiner, bought the lot in 1834 and built this Federal house (No. 262). In the 1840s he built the Greek Revival house next door (No. 258). Both houses have a Flemish bond brick pattern. The basement windows at 258 are typical of the time, and the wrought-iron railing in front of the door came from a house on historic Short Street.