200 Market Street
The Bodley-Bullock House was built circa 1814 for Lexington Mayor Thomas Pindell. Shortly after its construction it was sold to General Thomas Bodley, a veteran of the War of 1812, for whom the house was named. The home has many unusual architectural features similar in design to the Hunt-Morgan House. Originally constructed as a Federal style residence, numerous additions and alterations during the 19th century resulted in a house that is more characteristic of the Greek Revival period. A one-story columned portico was added to the front entrance, at which time a Palladian window above the door was removed. A large, two-story columned portico was also added to the side of the house that faces the garden.
During the Civil War the house served as headquarters for both Union and Confederate forces during the occupation of the city by both factions. After the war, the house was held by a series of owners including the Bullock family who purchased it in 1912. Dr. Waller Bullock was an accomplished sculptor as well as the founder of the Lexington Clinic. His wife, Minnie Pettit Bullock, was an avid gardener and the founder of the Garden Club of Lexington.